"Your office is great! Every time I have contacted anyone there, I have gotten a quick response and answers to all my questions."
What we can (and can't) do
We answer hundreds of insurance questions every day. If you’re not sure if we can help you, call our toll-free Insurance Consumer Hotline at 800-562-6900.
What we can do:
- Send your complaint to the insurance company and require them to provide an explanation for their actions.
- Review the company’s response to make sure they followed Washington state laws and your policy.
- Tell the company to fix the problem if they didn’t follow the laws or your policy.
- Try to find patterns of problems that may need further reviewing.
- Try to help fix your insurance problem or help you and the company communicate with one another.
- Help you understand your insurance policy.
- Recommend places you can go for help if we don’t have the legal right to resolve it.
What we can’t do:
- Act as your lawyer or give you legal advice.
- Make medical judgments or determine if further treatment is necessary.
- Make liability decisions or determine who is at fault.
- Establish the facts surrounding a claim (for example: who is being truthful when there are differing accounts of what happened, or he said/she said situations).
- Determine the value of a claim, the amount owed to you, or act as your adjuster.
- Address issues we can’t legally enforce.
- Tell a company to pay a claim, refund a premium, or reinstate or issue a policy (if they followed the law and your policy).