"Your office is great! Every time I have contacted anyone there, I have a quick response and answers to all my questions."
Personal injury protection (PIP)
PIP is insurance coverage you add to your auto policy. If you're in an auto accident it'll help pay for (up to certain limits):
- Medical expenses
- Wage loss
- Loss of services
- Funeral expenses
PIP applies no matter who is at fault. But be aware there are some situations when it doesn't apply.
Do I need PIP?
- It's your choice. You don't have to buy PIP, but by law (www.apps.leg.wa.gov) your insurance company must offer it to you.
- If you don't want PIP, you must reject it in writing. If you don't reject it in writing, your company has to add it to your policy and charge you for it.
Who it covers
- Person named on the policy
- Household residents related by blood, marriage or adoption
- Step or foster children
- Any non-family passengers and pedestrians involved in an accident
What it costs
- The cost for PIP coverage varies with each company.
- Keep in mind: If you choose to buy PIP coverage, the insurance company may require you cover all of the vehicles listed on your policy.
- The more vehicles on your policy, the more you’ll pay.